Saturday, August 9, 2014

Saturday Spotlight

Yay it's Saturday and time to spotlight yet another very talented lady!
Many of you are probably already aware of this very talented quilter. Her name is Teresa Silva from 


In 2012 she  made this beautiful Urban Nine Patch
Again, another stunning version of this popular pattern. Lets just let the pictures speak! :)







Teresa studied many of Jenny's quilts and received inspiration from her when trying to decide how to quilt this one. 
And... since Jenny is not writing this particular post, we're going to brag on her for a moment. Teresa said,

"I have known Jenny since I started longarm quilting...I admired her style so much.  She even took the time to email me and answer any questions I had as a new longarm quilter!  I couldn't believe this awesome lady would take the time to contact me.  I tell people all the time how she helped me right from the start.  I then watched as her ruler and then all her patterns started coming out and just had to try them.  I've made several of her designs and of course I like to try and quilt them half as great as she does!" 
Well, as someone who knows Jenny very well, I have to agree! She is awesome! I've often times referred to her as Super Woman! Ok, enough of that before I get in trouble! ;)

Teresa, thanks for letting us feature you and your gorgeous quilt! 

Happy Saturday Quilting everyone!! :-)

-Sew Kind of Wonderful-

Quilt, Eat, Sleep....In that order!! 

9 comments:

BarbCarol said...

Stunning!

Leeanne said...

great work, beautiful quilt & lovely quilting!!

SewSealy said...

Teresa, you created a fabulous quilt to be treasured for years to come. Wonderful job!!

kitty said...

Teresa, that's a very, very beautiful quilt and a quilting perfectly chosen to honor the general idea of the quilt! Great job!!

angela said...

Teresa is a fantastic long arm quilter. She's quilted several gorgeous quilts for me and this one is just another example of her amazing talents! Congrats Teresa!

Teresa Silva said...

Thank you so much for such a lovely blog post. I'm so flattered. Thanks to everyone for wonderful comments. I appreciate them so much and am just so happy to be able to do something I love to do!

Rachel @ Quiltineering said...

Teresa is so talented! I love the quilts she has quilted for me. She certainly deserves the spotlight!

Laugh Yourself into Stitches said...

Great Spotlight! Yay Teresa!!!

Laura said...

Ooh! I think we need a 'introducing the SKOW' girl blogpost! I love this quilt and I love that you can see who made it. :)